The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Did Thomas Jefferson have children with his slave Sally Hemings?
in History

By thatdebaternamedjthatdebaternamedj 30 Pts edited October 2017
I am here to assert that the widely accepted theory that Thomas Jefferson fathered children with his slave Sally Hemings is patently false. 
Firstly, the most obvious point, the DNA evidence. Despite popular belief, the DNA test did not condemn Jefferson to fatherhood. The test found that the descendants of Eston Hemings, the last child of Sally, had the same DNA of a Jefferson male. There were twenty five Jefferson males alive at the time, with eight being considered probable, with Thomas and his brother Randolph among them.
I assert that Randolph Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson's younger brother, or another Jefferson, is the father of Eston, not Thomas. 
joecavalrynatbaronsmelefSilverishGoldNovayolostidenorthsouthkorea
  1. Live Poll

Did Thomas Jefferson father children with Sally Hemings?

7 votes
    1. Yes
      85.71%
    2. No
      14.29%

Could not connect: User i2483808_vf2 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections